Three Ways to Enjoy Peaches on the Grill
This entry was posted on April 24, 2012.
Peaches respond wonderfully to the grill as the heat seems enhance both its juiciness and flavor. With temperatures steadily beginning to rise and summer right around the corner, we thought now would be a perfect time to share some of our favorite ways to grill peaches. Each of these grilled peach recipes are easy to follow and do not require much preparation. With that said, here are three wonderfully simple grilled peach recipes to share with your family this grilling season.
1. Grilled Peaches with Parmesan Cheese and Baby Spinach
- Slice peaches in half and remove the pit. You can peel the peaches if you like but this is not necessary. Brush the peach halves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your grill to medium heat. Grill peaches on both sides for about 2-3 minutes a side, depending on the size of the peaches
- Remove the peaches from the grill and serve over baby spinach. Sprinkle shaved parmesan to taste and add a dressing of your choice. This salad is wonderfully light and perfect for summer!
2. Grilled Peach Salsa
- Brush halved and pitted peaches with olive oil and sprinkle salt to taste
- Grill peach halves over medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Remove peaches from heat and let cool
- Slice peaches into bite size pieces and mix with a squeeze of lemon juice, finely chopped red onion, chopped fresh mint, and salt to taste
3. Grilled Sweet Peaches with Ice Cream
- Coat your peaches in melted butter and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and a pinch of salt
- Grill over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side
- Serve warm over your favorite vanilla ice cream
As the warm weather of spring and summer entices us outside to fire up the grill with friends and family, we hope these three recipes make your grilling season a little sweeter. From peach salsa to peach ice cream, peaches are a very versatile fruit that become even more delicious when grilled. With that in mind, we invite you to print off these recipes and give any or all of them a try. After all, peaches, warm weather, and grilling just seem to go together!