Chef Virginia Willis' Curried Chicken with Georgia Peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Pearson peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½” piece fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large, skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken and sear until nicely browned on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the peaches, raisins ginger, curry, cumin and, cover for another 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, hot pepper sauce and stock. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve atop cooked rice garnished with chopped peanuts.
From the kitchen of:
Would you like to order one
of our cookbooks?
Click here to shop online!