- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 2 (3-ounce) packages peach gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans peach nectar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Georgia peaches from Pearson Farm, mashed & sweetened with 1/4 cup sugar or sweetened to taste with Sweet & Low.
Dissolve both gelatins in boiling water. Add all other ingredients except crushed peaches. Refrigerate until consistency of thick syrup; add crushed peaches and pour into a 6-cup ring mold or an 11X7X2-inch dish. Chill until set. Serve with mayonnaise, or 1/2 mayonnaise and 1/2 fat-free sour cream, with a sprinkle of celery seed or nuts.
From The Kitchen Of: