Pecan Stuffed Apples with Warm Caramel Sauce
- 4 baking apples, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Pearson Farms pecans, finely chopped
- π cup raisins
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Purchased caramel sauce, heated
- 2 – 15” Sautee Cedar Grilling Plank or 8 – 6” Planks - soaked
Combine pecans, raisins, sugar, spices and butter in small bowl.
Using a melon baler – remove the core, seeds and 1 Tbsp. of the apple flesh. Cut a small slice from the bottom of each apple half to prevent apples from rolling off plank. Spoon pecan filling into each apple half and set aside.
Heat grill to 350-400 degrees. Place soaked plank(s) on grill grates, close lid, and allow to heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip plank and continue to heat on other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Place apple halves on plank, close lid and grill for 20 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove apples and planks from grill, drizzle with heated caramel sauce and serve (apples can be served with vanilla ice cream if desired).
Recipe adapted from The Plank Grilling Cookbook