Peachy Cinnamon Toast
- 16- 1/2 inch thick slices of crusty Italian or French Bread
- 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 cups peeled and finely chopped Pearson Peaches
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey for drizzling
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread slices in one layer on baking sheet and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Toast may be made one week ahead of time and kept in an airtight container. Brush toast with butter on one side.
In a small bowl, stir together two tablespoons sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over buttered side of each piece of toast. Preheat broiler. Broil toast about five inches from heat for about one minute or until tops are bubbling, then cool.
Stir together remaining one tablespoon of sugar and peaches. Mound about two tablespoons of peaches on each toast. Top each toast with one teaspoon yogurt and drizzle with honey.
makes 16 servings
From The Kitchen Of:
Georgia Peach Commission